RFI Browser

Back  RFI # 2246: P & C vs WC

Formal vs. Informal Help Informal Formal


Steven Tipton


Use of CARC P5 is limited to Property and Casualty Claims. Does that include Workers' Compensation?

Submitter Assigned Keywords

Property Casualty Workers' Compensation


This request is about a code list external to the X12 standard, Claim Adjustment Reason Codes (CARC). Worker's compensation is a type of property and casualty insurance. All of the CARC values that begin with a "P" indicate what type of property and casualty insurance they may be limited to. Many are any type, some are more specific, such as workers' compensation. The indicator is so that they will not be used for medical insurance.
Submission 10/19/2017
Status Date 10/25/2017
Status F - Final
Primary References
Document xxxx