RFI Browser

Back  RFI # 434: Revenue codes

Formal vs. Informal Help Informal Formal


Brenda Lee


In the past hospitals were the only provider to bill rev codes for IOP (intensive outpatient). Now that providers are doing these rev codes in their office how are they to bill them. It appears that hosp are to use rev codes only. The revenue codes in question are 905/906. Providers also use this code. Can they file these codes on HCFA's? Is there any literature that states this is ok to do?


It is not possible to bill a revenue code on a Professional 837 claim, since a qualifier for Revenue Code is not a valid qualifier in 004010X098A1. Questions concerning the claim filing instructions for paper claims should be directed to the National Uniform Claim Committee (NUCC).
Submission 7/27/2006
Status Date 9/8/2006
Status F - Final
Primary References
Document 004010X098A1
Set ID837
Segment Position370
Segment IDSV1
Element Position01
Component Position1
Industry NameProduct or Service ID Qualifier